As your real estate professionals, we can show you any available home, regardless of who the listing broker is.
We will accompany you to any house—new construction, for sale by owner, short sale, foreclosure or a listing of your choice. We must do so if we are to represent you.
If you’re like 90 percent of buyers, you’ll start your search on the Internet. But many homes you’ll see may not actually be available. Solution: Call us. We can immediately find out which homes are truly available. When you find some you’d like to tour, we’ll make appointments for you and go with you to the showings.
We can also find homes for you. Tell us what you’re looking for and our agents will whip up a list of houses that match your criteria.
We’ll help you buy a home
Big step! We’re your stairway and your banister. Here’s how we’ll ensure you get all the way up to homeownership. We will:
- Explain financing options.
- Help you select a lender.
- Research the value of your selected home.
- Use our expertise to predict its future marketability.
- Handle all the negotiations.
- Do all the detail work, carefully explain all documents, and give you a copy of everything you sign.
- Accompany you to every inspection and ensure that you understand the results.
- Prepare you for and accompany you to the closing.
Important money points
- Your parents, family or friends can contribute to the purchase of your home by way of a “Gift Note.” Ask us for details about this simple procedure.
- A deposit, known as an Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) must accompany an offer you make on a home. The recommended deposit is 3 percent of the offering price. These funds are deposited into a non-interest bearing escrow account when your sales agreement “bottom lines.”
- If you’re serious about buying a particular home, it’s crucial to price your offer correctly. You don’t want to lose it because you’re unfamiliar with the market.
Don’t shop backward: Get pre-approved
We strongly recommend that you get pre-approved with a lender before selecting a home. Don’t confuse this with pre-qualification, which is the step before pre-approval. Being pre-approved will benefit you because it:
- Determines the price range of homes to view.
- Determines the best loan program for you.
- Determines your monthly payment.
- Determines the amount of your down payment and closing costs.
- Allows us to structure the offer to best suit your financial needs.
In today’s market, with lenders skittish about buyers overreaching, it’s best to be three steps up with a pre-approval. Plus, a seller may not even consider an offer from a buyer who hasn’t been pre-approved.
Choosing a lender
- Just as important as choosing your Realtor® is choosing a lender. Your loan officer is an integral part of the real estate transaction.
- Base your decision on more than interest rates. What services does the lender offer? Does it have loan programs that fit your financial needs? What are all the fees it charges?
Some tips for choosing the right lender for you
- How quickly did they return your phone calls?
- Were they knowledgeable about a variety of loan packages?
- Were they willing to meet at a time that was convenient for you?
- How long has the company been in business?
- How long has the loan officer been in business?
- Can the interest rates be locked?
- For how long and at what cost?