Lake Front Living!
Watch the tour
Bright Living Room
Gorgeous lake views from the great room with hickory and black slate floors with a vaulted knotty pine ceiling. The Pella door walls frame the soapstone wrapped blue enamel Hearthstone wood stove.
Well designed kitchen
Large kitchen with stainless appliances (3-door refrigerator, electric smooth top range, dishwasher with 3 racks and bottle jets), garbage disposal, and granite counters. The 8'x3' island with overhang for dining on 3 sides - seats 6.
Almost 40 feet of frontage on Joslin Lake with a natural rock sea wall and beach sand cove area. The lot has plenty of room for games and entertaining. In spring and fall migration, lots of diving ducks and migrating species for bird lovers to observe; common terns visited one spring and fished from the sky, diving in front of us while we kayaked; bald eagle sitings right in front of this house; pileated woodpeckers, owls, kingfishers, swans, Sandhill cranes that breed here, great blue herons, fox; hear the coyote packs call to each other across the lake
All Sports Lake
Joslin Lake is a 180-acre all-sports clean lake with a sandy bottom, in Lyndon Township, Washtenaw County; great for fishing, and year-round sports but is quieter than most all-sports lakes, and great for sailing and kayaking, too
More about this home...
Enjoy lakefront living at its finest! This stunning 2020-built property boasts almost 40 feet of shore frontage on the beautiful 180-acre Joslin Lake - a pristine, all-sports lake that's perfect for swimming, fishing, and boating. With its clean, sandy bottom, natural boulder seawall, and sandy beach area, this property is a dream come true for water enthusiasts.
Inside, the property features three bedrooms, two full baths (including an en suite bath in the primary bedroom), and over 1,170 square feet of beautifully designed living space. With vaulted knotty pine ceilings in the great room, real hickory and black slate floors, high-end stainless steel appliances, a large center island with seating for six, and granite countertops, this home is perfect for entertaining.
Other features include Pella casement windows, custom Levolor blinds, a natural wood stove, an on-demand gas water heater, a central vacuum system, and a large 2.5-car detached garage, plus ample parking for guests. With its central air, forced air heat, and fiber optic internet, this property offers comfortable living and modern convenience, all in a beautiful natural setting.
Bonus: Fiber optic internet!
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity - schedule your private showing today!
Want to see it? Text Linda @ 734-216-6415 / [email protected]
Flip through more images 👇
More Amazing Details
• 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths including en suite primary
• 1176 sq ft
• Built new in 2019-2020, occupied since March 2020
• Lakefront on Joslin Lake, 40 feet of frontage on the lake with natural rock sea wall and beach sand cove area.
• Central air, forced air heat, natural gas
• Real hickory (engineered plank) and black slate floors throughout
• Vaulted knotty pine ceiling in the great room
• Bright and airy throughout
• High-speed fiber optic internet to the house (Lyndon Township voted to build its own internet infrastructure to every property in the township); works great, very reliable
• Two Pella door walls face the lake, leading to 11x20 foot lakeside deck
• Large kitchen, stainless appliances (3-door refrigerator, electric smooth top range, dishwasher with 3 racks and bottle jets), garbage disposal, granite counters, lots of cupboard/cabinet/drawer space; base cabinets have plywood construction for added strength
• Kitchen island - 8'x3' with overhang for dining on 3 sides - seats 6, electric outlets, 9 large drawers
• Stainless range hood vented to outside
• Soapstone-wrapped Hearthstone blue enamel wood stove in the great room
• Pella casement windows throughout
• Well water with high-end Kinetico double tank softener (never without soft water), self-flushing iron filter, whole house sediment filter, and K5 reverse osmosis system for drinking, cooking, refrigerator ice maker
• Sewer through Multilake Sewer system - keeps the lake clean
• On-demand gas water heater - never run out of hot water
• Laundry room with stacking full size washer/(electric) dryer, laundry tub, cabinets and counter space
• Ceiling fans in all 3 bedrooms and great room
• Central vacuum system, hose lives in PVC pipe in the crawlspace, just pull out however much you need; self-storing; filter bag needs to be changed rarely (with 3 dogs and a bird, we change it every 18-24 months)
• Modular home--better than site built--built under cover, no weather exposure during the build, 6-inch outer walls, full drywall inside, installed on foundation and sealed against the weather in one day in late 2019.
• Ceiling insulated to R50; batt in the flat ceiling areas; foam in vaulted areas; low heating and cooling bills
• All 3 bedrooms and the great room have lake views
• Custom Levolor blinds throughout the house; cordless 2" slat wooden blinds at all lake-facing windows; cordless pleated at other windows; most fabric pleated shades are lined to be room-darkening and most are top-down/bottom up for light/privacy control; blinds at door walls in the great room lift up completely out of the way for ingress/egress
• Dimmer switches for both bathroom vanity lights and kitchen island pendants
• Timer switches for both bathroom exhaust fans
• Natural pine finished trim throughout
• Beautifully textured glass easy clean front door (textured glass panels are captured between full sheets of tempered glass, no individual panes to clean around), fiberglass, with keyless front lock, deadbolt
• Master bedroom door to deck and yard has miniblinds captured in between sheets of tempered glass--blinds never need cleaning, fully adjustable; fiberglass door
• 4-foot-deep insulated concrete forms (ICF) crawl, dry, good for storage
• Sump pump
• No HOA
• Joslin Lake is an almost 200-acre all-sports clean lake with a sandy bottom, in Lyndon Township, Washtenaw County; great for fishing, and year-round sports but is quieter than most all-sports lakes in Washtenaw County, great for sailing and kayaking, too
• Natural gas to the house
• Natural gas generator hardwired to start immediately at times of power outages
• 3 decks, with a large deck facing the lake, covered front porch, and side deck off the primary bedroom
• Large 2 lots with 0.4 acres total, much bigger than typical lake lots; room to add a shed
• Large 2-1/2 car detached garage, 20'x28', garage door opener, cement floor, its own electric panel; keypad on the garage door and service door for keyless entry; the garage is also on generator backup--if electric service is lost, the garage door and garage lights/outlets still operate
• Large lakefront yard
• Small fenced yard for dogs/kids
• Perennial flowers in their third year of growth--spring, summer, and fall blooming with interesting foliage (bleeding heart, Jack Frost brunnera, pulmonaria/lungwort, black snakeroot, Japanese wax bells, different colors of coral bells)
• Third year for two young trees, planted in the fall of 2020--Japanese maple in the front yard, Whitespire birch in the lakefront yard (hardy species resistant to diseases that kill other types of birch)
• Gutters with leaf guard and downspouts on house and garage
• Lakefront faces south - passive solar heat in winter, roof overhang prevents overheating in summer
• In spring and fall migration, lots of diving ducks and migrating species for bird lovers to observe; common terns visited one spring and fished from the sky, diving in front of us while we kayaked; bald eagle sitings right in front of this house; pileated woodpeckers, owls, kingfishers, swans, Sandhill cranes that breed here, great blue herons, fox; hear the coyote packs call to each other across the lake
• Lyndon Township is over 50% state and public land with Waterloo State Recreation Area, Pinckney State Recreation Area, 2 Lyndon parks maintained by Washtenaw County, and over 35 named lakes. The terrain is rolling, and glacial, with a low-density population and a lot of undeveloped wild land. Many hiking, mountain biking, and horseback trails within minutes from this home, and many other lakes to visit with public access through the parks
• Parking for 10 or more cars
• Room to store a boat on the property
Get instant access to the latest properties to hit the real estate market.